For some people, the workplace can be a stressful, uptight area that makes them feel like they are trapped.
We spend most of our days behind a desk in a cubicle trying to make our deadline and impressing our bosses and employers, cramming as much work into a stress-filled day as possible.
We encourage every employee and employer to utilize the hours spent in an office to actually enjoy their work-time and create an enabling, positive workplace that supports creativity and fun.
Improving an office environment will enhance workload efficiency, job morale and productivity. Making your place of work an exciting place by holding contests, celebrations, and team-building activities will result in a more positive and much lighter-feeling environment.
This video clip focuses on making time during the workday to relax yourself and fellow workers in the office.
What possibilities has this video stimulated for you?
Here are a few ways to enable you and your workplace be a positive and less stressful work environment.
- Schedule exercise breaks throughout your day. Stretch. Try chair relaxation exercises. Step out of the office for a five minute walk
- Cultivate life. Celebrate the little things. Celebrate the BIG things. Look for ways to be playful
- Exercise during a break or before or after work. Twenty minutes a day is all the body needs to change the chemistry to rejuvenate
- Upscale your office with colour, pictures or decorations. This will enhance the desired mood and make the office feel more relaxed.
- Look for and be mindful of all the wonderful things happening in your life and the people that you work with on a daily basis.
We invite you to take one or more of these types of steps and celebrate a different way of seeing your life at work.